An evaluative comment from a minister which truly inspires and lifts me up in a difficult time as this

Hi Ha Na,

I'm so glad you have enjoyed the blog. I do like to share a gentle message in most postings and try not to sound too "churchy". There seem to be lots of readers from around the world and I find the best "platform" on which to write is self-propelled activity such as kayaking, running, and hiking etc. ... (skip) I think that's one of the things I appreciate so much about your worship, you make a connection to the natural world and that's so important. (After your children's story, we went out and bought coloured carrots last week!) Often clergy don't seem to have that connection but I think it makes worship come alive and roots it in a respect for not only the Creator, but for Creation.

To read the Children's Time: http://peacemama3.blogspot.ca/2013/04/childrens-time-pulling-up-carrots-april.html

My brief reflection:

I love the couple's blog: the Oceanpax (www.oceanpeace.ca). It truly lifts me up and greatly inspires me these days. Particularly I love the words like "self-propelled pursuits" which I find is spiritually fully filled (although the blog does not even use the word like 'spirituality') and is very helpful to imagine how Christian can be and become in nature and in connection and communion with God the Creator in Creation. I guess my sermon of this Sunday must be written, greatly inspired by what this couple give people in the blog. 



Featured Post

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World (Matthew 22:15-22), Oct 23rd, 2022

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World    (Scripture: Matthew 22:15-22) After the ConXion service, Oct 23rd, 2022, celebrating the ...

Popular Posts