At the Prayer Writing Workshop (Oct 28, 2013)

Notes from Prayer Writing Workshop & my prayer that I wrote at the workshop

To contemplate life: (To be with..... the temple, as if the one enters the sanctuary.)

What God would want me to say. ...

What would God's thoughts be in this moment. To be mindful of God. 

There is a vulnerability to prayer. 

Oct 28, 2013 
(this prayer was written at the prayer workshop and not given English editing)

I sing a song for my older son’s torn pants
Bought in Wal Mart
Loved until it was ripped in half.
I can give thanks, for he is a healthy, wild boy.

I sing a song for the cups
That are never used properly by my younger son
Who always wants to dump water inside them,
And EVERYWHERE GETS WET!
I can give thanks, for he is a curious, little scientist
of almost everything in the world.

I sing a song for my little toe
That was stubbed one month ago
And still made me limping.
I can give thanks, for I have learned that
How much this small part of my body
Has sustained me through the 34 years.

I sing a song for my mother.
I sing a song for my father.
I sing a song for my husband.
Without their loves, how I could possibly be happy
As I am now.

I sing a song for my God.
I sing a song for the other’s God.
I sing a song for the mystery of God
That never has been known fully.
Without that blessed part of the silence of God,
How would I ever long for those unsaid words
That are kept only in God’s heart.



Featured Post

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World (Matthew 22:15-22), Oct 23rd, 2022

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World    (Scripture: Matthew 22:15-22) After the ConXion service, Oct 23rd, 2022, celebrating the ...

Popular Posts