A Few Important Things to Remember (October 8, 2014)

A few important things I must remind myself of in ministry in my context

1) Don't care that I may look less smart than I wish I would for speaking with accent and with some errors in the uses of prepositions, etc, etc. 
2) Make sure to let that feeling go and let your spirit flow even more so when you talk with youth/teens. Remember that you meet them with your integrity facing forward. You are not there to impress them, but to engage with them.
3) Don't give in or let others' agendas replace your own agenda. 
4) Fight with your own fear or anxiety re: time pressure. I mean, even if it is the last minute when everyone in the group wants to wrap up the meeting as soon as possible, if you feel that you need to speak, speak and don't worry that others may make a frown face to you, because they will not. It is not the same that YOU speak to that those who always speak first and always speak again.
And these four things are the hardest to keep, personally. They are almost spiritual practices which require the stronger sense of inner authority and peace about myself.

If you want to check out people's replied and join in the conversations, please send me friend request to https://www.facebook.com/hana.park.357284.

Featured Post

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World (Matthew 22:15-22), Oct 23rd, 2022

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World    (Scripture: Matthew 22:15-22) After the ConXion service, Oct 23rd, 2022, celebrating the ...

Popular Posts