The Name for God (October 19, 2014)

The Name for God

I've sent the following message to someone I've recently got to know a little bit deeper.
--------
The following does not fully reflect how I perceive, theologically think upon, and experience God. However, after our conversation, and after I attended “Where Waters Meet” gathering, I thought of this.
Later on, I hoped to share this reflection with you as our ongoing dialogue on God and our relationship with it (the presence, the dynamic entity or non-entity, the evolving process that is pregnant of possibilities) I posted it to my Facebook. FB is my personal journal.
It is a very valuable and hard question – it has been in my mind for a long time – ; how to pray when our understanding has reached to a post-theistic God (which means we don’t think God as a God like a person who intervenes in our lives like a watchmaker fixes its clock.)

The Name for God

First peoples, Korean storytellers 
call the moon
grandmother, older sister,
loving the energy of the moon

First peoples, their ancestors
call the water our sister
our brother, our father, our mother
loving the healing and unsettling power of the water

Isn't it beautiful
that we call these things
with the names for our relations, our relatives, our family members, our parents

No wonder that we call God - the 'it' -
with the names for our relations, our relatives, our family members, our parents
with the names that we have saved dearly for our beloved ones
my lover...

I originally posted this to my Facebook page, on October 19. https://www.facebook.com/hana.park.357284

Featured Post

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World (Matthew 22:15-22), Oct 23rd, 2022

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World    (Scripture: Matthew 22:15-22) After the ConXion service, Oct 23rd, 2022, celebrating the ...

Popular Posts