A private musing

I think It's quite unfortunate if we don't consider being an atheist can be one favourable position yet still be a Christian. I just watched The Theory of Everything (and A Brief History of Time) and that made want to comment this, and I always have believed this way. Science and its theories of Universes is never compatible with traditional, theist Christian belief in the existence of God - including the mystical Godhead - and insisting that being a Christian should presuppose some sort of belief in the ontological existence of theistic God is only very and unnecessarily exclusive. For me God in context of my Christian faith is how we experientially encounter and relate with the wholeness and with what is completely biased toward distributive justice and equality of participation of all life, all beings of the earth and what evolves toward open future which allows our co-creation - good or bad. And in healthy spiritual and participatory understanding of the Divine, we choose a better choice. As a Christian, I am determined to choose the character, presence, "eschatological(totally future oriented" vision, and teaching of historically true Jesus, of my fleshly Messiah: obeying to love = pure faith, non-violent, spiritually superb presence of higher peace. I see the divinity in Jesus and have faith in this through Jesus, but I think humbly and honestly we can't claim our human knowledge of God to be true to entitle us to articulate God as the Creator of the whole universe since the beginning - if there is one that we can call - and of evolution. (There has been no such being or a single force which created. Perhaps it may be more correct to say that God was created.) Calling our God as Creator is our genuine and loving way of faith expression. And I sure do and will.

BTW, I don't trust who say in UCC "but he or she doesn't believe in Trinity" before learning what they actually say. 

Featured Post

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World (Matthew 22:15-22), Oct 23rd, 2022

Sermon: The Images of God in the Reversed World    (Scripture: Matthew 22:15-22) After the ConXion service, Oct 23rd, 2022, celebrating the ...

Popular Posts